There are many options for your branded printed umbrella. We use and combine a number of different print processes to create your promotional printing umbrella: dye sublimation, silk-screen, 4-colour process print, transfer print, embroidery and good old fashioned sewing and tailoring. We can create eye-catching promotional printed umbrellas to be brand specific. We will always advise you on the most cost effective methods for your particular design. Please find more details on our promotional printing umbrella print options below.
Screen printing on umbrellas
This traditional method is highly effective and long lasting. An image is transferred to the umbrella surface by ink, which is pressed through a stenciled “silk” screen and treated with a light-sensitive emulsion. A screen is required for each colour to be printed. The benefits of screen printing are as follows:
- Over 30 stock colours to choose from
- Excellent reproduction of colour logos
- Cost-effective printing method
- Low cost origination
- Varnish print is available
The Print size using this technique on ready made stock umbrellas is roughly A4 size.
There is a restriction to not printing to the edge or close to seams.
When we Custom manufacture our umbrellas we can screen print the panels completely prior to sewing. This allows amazing effects such all over print and bold messages and branding.
Digital Printed Umbrellas and Dye sublimation.
This is a method of printing umbrellas Digitally and allows for panel printing using vibrant colours and patterns.
As technology has moved on this method of printing has been made more accessible and is available on shorter production runs that previously we would not have been able to manufacture.
The new digital print technology allows us to create some very breathtaking promotional umbrellas that were just not possible a few years ago. We are still learning new visual effects and ways to combine old and new technologies to create ever more visually stunning umbrellas for our clients.
Sublimation or heat transfer printing is the application of sublimation inks onto a surface using a heat press to provide the required combination of heat, time and pressure. This combination causes the inks to be converted from a solid to a gaseous state enabling them to penetrate the material so that a permanent, full colour image is formed. The colour penetrates the surface of the item so that the result is colourful, long lasting and resistant to scratching unlike some other printing methods that merely print onto the surface of the item.
- Pantone matched fabric and logo colours from production runs of just 50 umbrellas
- Dramatic full panel designs can be achieved, using shading and graduation.
- No limits to the number of colours that can be printed
- No deterioration of printing after prolonged use, colours stay vibrant.
- Digital process for photographic and tonal images. Full photographic prints can be achieved. Both in colour and black and white
UV printing of logos and images
- This low energy technology dramatically reduces the use of solvents in the printing process. It delivers a range of quality benefits including:
- Excellent print colour matches especially on dark fabric
- Remarkable level of detail for small text and intricate designs
- No limit to print colours possible
- Superb registration between print colours
- Striking reproduction of 4 colour process designs
- Environmentally friendly
- Smooth and even finish
Embroidery & Sewing Effects
Embroidered Umbrellas look amazing, and can be combined with traditional printing methods.
Because many of our umbrellas are made to measure, we can offer a combination of decoration techniques.
Our factories use the latest in computer controlled multi-headed embroidery machines.
We can offer a range of embroidery effects, from panel designs to tags and labels and Sleeve Decoration.
How we make custom promotional umbrellas is unique to your brand.
We use and combine a number of different print processes: dye sublimation, silk screen, 4 colour process print, transfer print, embroidery and good old fashioned sewing and tailoring, all to create breathtaking promotional umbrellas. We are passionate about our umbrellas and only use high quality products to create both a durable and visually stunning promotional item.
We have our own in-house design team who can work with you to create a truly bespoke product. As many of our umbrellas are custom and made from scratch, we are able to colour match frames as well to create a truly unique umbrella for you. We can also go one step further with other customisation options such as engraving the handle, printing the tie wraps and sleeve plus many other bespoke finishing details.